07 Dec Live streaming RedIRIS JJTT 2014 conference with Galicaster
For the third consecutive year TELTEK was selected by RedIris (the Spanish NREN) as the company to stream and record its JJTT-conference (the annual Spanish Universities’ IT staff meeting).
JJTT-2014 took place in Caceres, from the 25th to the 27th of November in the San Francisco Cultural Complex. As in previous editions, the conference was preceded by the XXXVIII RedIris work groups.
In addition, TELTEK increase its presence in the conference with an informative booth.
The main thematic lines this year were:
- Shared-services models between institutions.
- Global university and science, a future view.
- Cloud storage.
- Wireless campus and mobility services.
- Big data and open governments.
- More than 400 “physical” attendees.
- More than 700 different IPs connected to live streams.
- More than 60 presentations streamed and recorded.
JJTT 2014 live streaming and recording was done using:
- Galicaster as the recording and streaming solution.
- Wowza Media Server as the streaming server.
- Opencast-Matterhorn as the multistream engine.
- Paella Player as the HTML5 player for Matterhorn.
- PuMuKIT as the media management framework.
Official meeting “video-clip”: