02 Feb Galicaster-PRO 1.3 Released
We are pleased to announce the 1.3 release of Galicaster-PRO.
Galicaster-PRO is a powerful lecture and conference recording and streaming software. Running on the recommended Hardware it builds a fully featured multi-stream recording unit. GC-PRO is based on a compiled, optimized and enriched version of Galicaster Community-Edition Software.
Lots of improvements have been done to Galicaster PRO after the last release.
If you already have a previous Galicaster PRO product and you want to upgrade it, please login the licenses portal and follow the instructions.
- Live Streaming Control: Complete UI makeover. Allows for more flexible custom layouts and more control options.
- Added live streaming toggle triggered by QR code recognition.
- Added support for different languages in the real-time OCR module.
- Added an option to setup the heartbeat between GCPro and Opencast
- Added the option to download a complete media-package from the repository view in the web interface.
- Added the option to the SBS operation to choose the audio track it will be created with if more than one track is available.
- Added an option in the web interface to choose which workflow will be used to ingest a recording.
- Added the option in the web interface trimming module to just trim the delivery copies, keeping the master files unmodified.
- Disabled some unused buttons in the trimming interface.
- Renamed the default profile and extended it so it can be used with the intelligent PiP module.
- Solved the issue where it wasn’t possible to create users in the web interface using Firefox.
- Solved an error parsing the opencast configuration after reinstalling GCPro.
- Several fixes to the save & restore configuration section.
- Solved a bug in the trimming module when quering the operation.
- Solved a bug where the button “intelligent pip” in the Live Streaming Control section didn’t load the right values.
- Solved a bug with PAL recordings and pixel aspect ratio
- Solved a bug with de-interlacing some recordings.
Large efforts have also taken place to provide a smooth installation experience. It’s now easier than ever to upgrade or install a capture agent from scratch. Restoring a capture agent to a known state is really easy as well. You can backup its configuration to a file and restore it whenever required. We think all these new features will make Galicaster PRO a better capture agent, but this release has been mostly focused in the overall user experience.
Galicaster-PRO can be bought as part of a Galicaster Capture Agent or as a Software license.
- If you want to purchase Galicaster-PRO 1.3 based products please check Galicaster-Pro product page or contact us at: email@example.com.
- If you already have a previous Galicaster PRO product and you want to upgrade it, please login the licenses portal and follow the instructions.