01 Nov Live streaming RedIRIS JJTT 2013 conference with Galicaster
The JJTT conference is the annual Spanish Universities’ IT staff meeting.
JJTT-2013 took place in Madrid from the 23th to the 25th of October and, as in previous years, the RedIRIS workgroups had a meeting during the two days prior to the conference (21 and 22 Oct.).
The main thematic lines this year were:
- New ways to bring us closer to our community.
- Intelligence/efficiency in our institutions.
- More data, safer and more efficient.
- Teaching and learning trends.
- More science with more TIC.
All the events were streamed live, recorded and published. Just a few minutes after a talk ended, its recording was already available as VoD in a “Side by Side” (single stream) format, and as a full multistream MH recording on the next day.
- More than 400 “physical” attendees.
- More than 1000 different IPs connected to live streams.
- More than 40 presentations streamed and recorded.
JJTT 2013 live streaming and recording was done using:
- Galicaster as the recording and streaming solution.
- Wowza Media Server as the streaming server.
- Opencast-Matterhorn as the multistream engine.
- Paella Player as the HTML5 player for Matterhorn.
- PuMuKIT as the media management framework.
Our CEO, Vicente Goyanes, gave a talk about “open solutions for the massive production of MOOC videos and lecture recording“. (SPANISH)
In addition, for the firs time in the JJTT, we increase our presence in the conference with an informative booth.
Official meeting “video-clip”: